Assessing And Treating Cold-Related Injuries Among Athletes
- Volume 16 - Issue 2 - February 2003
- 20834 reads
- 0 comments
1. Allen ME. Environmental concerns: hypothermia and frostbite. In Sallis RE, Massimino F (eds). ACSM’s Essentials of Sports Medicine. St. Louis, Mosby, 1997. pp. 134-140.
2. Athletic Training and Sports Medicine. Rosemont, IL, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, 1991. pp. 849-867.
3. Barker JR, Haws MJ, Brown RI, Kucan JO, Moore WD. Magnetic resonance imaging of severe frostbite injuries. Ann Plast Surg, 1997 Mar; 38(3): 275-9.
4. Barker TA, Motz HA, Gersoff WK. Environmental factors in athletic performance. In Fu FH, Stone DA (eds). Sports Injuries. Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2001. pp. 66-76.
5. Cauchy E, Chetaille E, Lefevre M, Kerelou E, Marsigny B. The role of bone scanning in severe frostbite of the extremeties: a retrospective study of 88 cases. Eur J Nucl Med, 2000 May; 27(5): 497-502.
6. Cauchy E, Marsigny B, Allamel G, Verhellen R, Chetaille E. The value of technetium 99 scintigraphy in the prognosis of amputation in severe frostbite injuries of the extremities: a retrospective study of 92 severe frostbite injuries. J Hand Surg (Am) 2000 Sep; 25(5): 969-78.
7. Flegel M. Sport First Aid. Champaign, IL, Human Kinetics Publishers, Inc., 1992. pp. 105-113.
8. Greenwald D, Cooper B, Gottlieb L. An algorithm for early aggressive treatment of frostbite with limb salvage directed by triple-phase scanning. Plast Reconstr Surg 1998 Sep; 102(4): 1069-74.
9. Hayes DW, Mandracchia VJ, Considine C, Webb GE. Pentoxifylline. Adjunctive therapy in the treatment of pedal frostbite. Clin Podiatr Med Surg 2000 Oct; 17(4): 715-22.
10. Purkayastha SS, Roy A, Chauhan SK, Verma SS, Selvamurthy W. Efficacy of pentoxifylline with aspirin in the treatment of frostbite in rats. Indian J Med Res 1998 May; 107: 239-45.
11. Rintamaki H. Predisposing factors and prevention of frostbite. Int J Circumpolar Health 2000 Apr; 59(2): 114-21.