Amniotic Membrane: Does It Have Promise For Diabetic Foot Ulcers?
- Volume 26 - Issue 6 - June 2013
- 7997 reads
- 0 comments
1. Boyle JP, Thompson TJ, Gregg EW, Barker LE, Williamson DF. Projection of the year 2050 burden of diabetes in the U.S. adult population: dynamic modeling of incidence, mortality, and prediabetes prevalence. Population Health Metrics. 2010;8:29.
2. Mayfield JA, Reiber GE, Sanders LJ, Janisse D, Pogach LM. Preventive foot care in people with diabetes. Diabetes Care. 1998;21(12):2161-77.
3. Singh N, Armstrong DG, Lipsky BA. Preventing foot ulcers in patients with diabetes. JAMA. 2005;293(2):217-28.
4. Sheehan P, Jones P, Caselli A, Giurini JM, Veves A. Percent change in wound area of diabetic foot ulcers over a 4-week period is a robust predictor of complete healing in a 12-week prospective trial. Diabetes Care. 2003;26(6):1879-82.
5. Warriner RA, Snyder RJ, Cardinal MH. Differentiating diabetic foot ulcers that are unlikely to heal by 12 weeks following achieving 50% percent area reduction at 4 weeks. Int Wound J. 2011;8(6):632-7.
6. De Roth A. Plastic repair of conjunctival defects with fetal membranes. Arch Ophthalmol. 1940;23(3):522-525.
7. Fetterolf D, Snyder R. Scientific and clinical support for the use of dehydrated amniotic membrane in wound management. Wounds. 2012;24(10):299-307.
8. Steed DL, Donohoe D, Webster MW, et al. Effect of extensive debridement and treatment on the healing of diabetic foot ulcers: Diabetic Ulcer Study Group. J Am Coll Surg. 1996;183(1):61-4.
9. Armstrong DG, Jude EB. The role of matrix metalloproteinases in wound healing. JAPMA. 2002;92(1):12-18.
10. Kasi N, Durrani KM, Siddiqui MA. Human amniotic membrane as a versatile biologic dressing—a preliminary report. J Pak Med Assoc. 1987;37(11):290-2.
11. Boc SF, Chairman EL, Freed EL. Implications for the use of amnion and chorio in podiatric medicine and surgery. J Foot Surg. 1985;24(4):236-42.
12. Zelen CM, Serena T, Fetterolf D. Human amniotic membrane in the treatment of non-healing diabetic foot ulcers: a randomized controlled trial. Abstract presentation, Clinical Symposium on Advances in Skin and Wound Care, Orlando, FL, 2012.