A 10-Step Guide To Applying Split Thickness Skin Grafts
- Volume 26 - Issue 3 - March 2013
- 9218 reads
- 0 comments
1. National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Diabetes Translation. Diabetes Report Card 2012 [Internet]. Available from http://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/pubs/reportcard.html .
2. Armstrong DG, Andros G. Use of negative pressure wound therapy to help facilitate limb preservation. Int Wound J. 2012; 9 (Suppl. 1):1-7.
3. Boyle JP, Thompson TJ, Gregg EW, Barker LE, Williamson DF. Projection of the year 2050 burden of diabetes in the US adult population: dynamic modeling of incidence, mortality, and pre diabetes prevalence. Popul Health Metr. 2010; 8:29–41.
4. Apelqvist J, Larsson J. What is the most effective way to reduce incidence of amputation in the diabetic foot? Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2000; 16(Suppl 1): S75-83.
5. Ramanujam CL, Stapleton JJ, Kilpadi KL, Rodriguez RH, Jeffries LC, Zgonis T. Split-thickness skin grafts for closure of diabetic foot and ankle wounds: a retrospective review of 83 patients. Foot Ankle Spec. 2012; 3(5):231–40.
6. Blitz NM. Vacuum assisted closure in in lower extremity reconstruction. In: Dockery GL, Crawford ME (eds): Lower Extremity Soft Tissue and Cutaneous Plastic Surgery. Saunders, Edinburgh, UK, 2006, pp. 343-358.
7. Granick MS, Boykin J, Gamelli R, et al. Toward a common language; surgical wound bed preparation and debridement. Wound Repair Regen. 2006; 14(Suppl1):S1-S10.
8. Reuthebuch O, Haussler A, Genoni M, et al. Novadaq SPY: intraoperative quality assessment in off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting. Chest. 2004; 125(2):418-24.
9. Komorowska-Timek E, Gurtner GC. Intraoperative perfusion mapping with laser-assisted indocyanine green imaging can predict and prevent complications in immediate breast reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg J. 2010; 125(4):1065-73.
10. Novadaq Technologies I: Novadaq Technologies SPY Fluorescent Imaging System: SP2000 and SP2001 Operator’s Manual. 2008, Rev G:73.
11. Lepow BD, Perry D, Armstrong D. The use of SPY intra-operative vascular angiography as a predictor of wound healing. Podiatry Management. 2011; 30(6):141-148.
12. Reiber GE. Epidemiology of foot ulcers and amputations in the diabetic foot. In: Bowker J, Pfeifer M (eds): The Diabetic Foot. Mosby, St. Louis, 2001, pp. 13-32.
For further reading, see “A Guide To Current Concepts In Skin Grafting” in the October 2007 issue of Podiatry Today or “Key Insights On Split-Thickness Skin Grafts” in the March 2006 issue.